Why go solar now? Going solar is good for your wallet, the environment, and your community.
- There is only 1 year left to get a 30% tax deduction – The solar Investment Tax Credit (ITC) offers a tax deduction to residents who install rooftop solar PV. However, in order to get the best deal, construction must begin by the end of 2019.
- Solar is the cheapest it has ever been – In 2018, the Solar Industries Association (SEIA) reported that the price to install solar has reached a historical low, plummeting 70% since 2010.
- Stabilize you energy bills – The price of utility energy changes. Installing solar on your home gives you more control over how much you pay each month.
- Boulder County is already experiencing the impact of climate change in the form of reduced snowpack, earlier snowmelt, high intensity wildfires, extreme weather events, and hot heat days.
- Go electric – By installing solar you have the opportunity to provide fossil-free power to more than just your home (electric cars, e-bikes, etc.)
- Keep your community healthy – Energy powered by the sun reduces air pollution and contributes toward a healthier and more resilient community.
- Be the Change – Residential and commercial buildings account for 60% of emissions in Boulder County. You can help keep Colorado clean is by switching to renewable energy.
Picking the right solar contractor can be overwhelming. To make the process easier, Nederland has teamed up with Boulder County’s EnergySmart to provide you with a short list of pre-qualified, trusted solar installers in the area. Find this helpful tool and much more at EnergySmartYES.com/Go-Solar.