Xcel Energy has a planned power outage happening tomorrow, Wednesday the 8th, at 11 PM, and going until Thursday the 9th, at 1AM.
What to expect
- As crews complete this work, Xcel customers in the area will be without power for approximately 120 minutes starting at 11:00 p.m. on Wednesday, September 8th until 1 a.m. on Thursday, September 9th.
- The outage will impact customers in the Boulder Foothills, including the Nederland, Ward, and Jamestown areas, approximately 5,000 customers in total.
- There is no need for customers to report an outage during this time unless it extends longer than 3.5 hours.
- Customers who will be affected by the power outage–and who have provided Xcel with their phone number or email–can expect to receive a reminder (via a phone call and/or an email) from the company prior to the outage to remind them of the planned outage. Customers can sign up to receive notifications or update their notification preferences by logging into My Account.
Ahead of the planned outage, while it will occur in the overnight hours, Xcel recommends that you:
- Turn off computers and remember to reset alarm systems or other equipment sensitive to a power outage or electrical surges.
- Plan for batteries and other alternatives to meet your needs when the power goes out. Keep mobile phones and other electric equipment charged.
- Keep freezers and refrigerators closed.
- Remember that garage door openers, sump pumps, and other equipment that operates only by electrical power will not work during the outage.
- For additional tips and information about how you can be ready for an outage, visit the Xcel Energy website.