About the Event
As we prepare for this year’s event, we are happy to report that it will be structured similarly to the 2020 layout, which will allow people to stay in their vehicles as they move through the event with the assistance of our staff and volunteers.
Town Clean Up Day will begin at 8:00 AM at the Boulder County Transfer Stations, and will end at 12:00 PM, or when the dumpsters are full – whichever comes first.
We are anticipating almost all the same vendors as last year, including but not limited to: Bedder World, Boulder County Hazard Materials Management, ReSource, I.T. Fresh, and Rocky Mountain Recycling. Furthermore, we will have the following community agency partners in attendance: Nederland Fire Department, Solarize Nederland, and Wildfire Partners.
Teen’s Inc. will also be selling donuts and coffee in order to raise funds for their programs!
Frequently Asked Questions
Where is the Transfer station?
The transfer station is north of Nederland on Ridge Rd, at 286 Ridge Rd, Nederland, CO 80466
What can I drop off?
Just about anything! There will be different areas for different kinds of disposal.
- The boulder Country Transfer Station will be accepting Appliances, Cardboard, Compost, Disposable Gloves, Fabrics, Hard Plastics, Single Stream Recycling, Styrofoam, and Tires
- A full list of recyclables can be found here.
- Bedder World will be accepting mattresses for recycling
- Boulder County Hazardous Materials Management will accept any approved hazardous materials.
- A full list of approved hazardous materials can be found here.
- Electronics recycling
- Scrap Metal
- Unpainted Scrap Wood
- General Trash
- The sort yard will be accepting grass trimmings & weeds (must be bagged), logs, pine cones and needles, and slash
What does this event cost?
Most recycling is free. If you plan to utilize the dumpsters, it is a flat $20 fee per car.
If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (303) 258-3266
Wild Bear’s Spring Thaw Clean Up
In addition to Town Clean Up Day, we’re coordinating with Wild Bear Nature Center to promote their Spring Thaw Clean Up, which will happen on June 6th!
Want to be a part of Town Clean Up Day, and do your part to help keep our mountains beautiful? We’re looking for volunteers! Sign up using the form below, or contact Miranda Fisher, Deputy Town Administrator/Town Clerk at email@example.com for more information!