Transportation Improvement Program (TIP)
Introduction and Scope
The Town of Nederland received a grant for 1.5 million dollars from CDOT’s Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) in September 0of 2019. The grant is a mix of state and federal funds that targets multi-modal projects that promote alternative transportation and pedestrian travel. Nederland’s project consists of a sidewalk on West First Street connecting RTD Park-n-Ride with the Visitor’s Center and on Jefferson Street adjacent to the Kathmandu Plaza. The project will also include, a high speed electric vehicle charging station, bike racks, rain garden/planter, and wayfinding signage. As part of the project Staff is working to bury the overhead powerlines in this section of town. Additionally, Staff is collaborating with the Nederland Downtown Development Authority to repave the Visitor’s Center Parking Lot and North Jefferson Street. Below are some updated design revisions that are being considered.
Latest Design Drafts
Upcoming Meeting Information
Staff received input during December’s Advisory Board Meetings and will continue to provide updates to the Town’s Advisory Boards through January. All meetings are open to the public and feedback is appreciated. Meetings in January include:
- Nederland Downtown Development Authority – Wednesday, January 13, 2021 at 6:00pm
- Board of Zoning Adjustment – Thursday, January 14, 2021 at 7:00pm
- Board of Trustees – Work Session – Tuesday, January 19, 2021 at 6:00pm
- Parks, Recreation, Open Space Advisory Board – Thursday, January 21, 2021 at 7:00 pm
- Planning Commission – Wednesday, January 27, 2021 at 7:00pm
- Sustainability Advisory Board – Thursday, January 28, 2021 at 6:45pm
Feel free to contact Town of Nederland Public Works Manager, Chris Pelletier, for any questions.
- Phone: 303-258 3167