Published on 06/12/18 10:22 AM
The Town of Nederland in located 20 miles west of Boulder and serves a population of 1,500. The Town operates under a Board-Town Administrator form of government and provides the following services: police, street maintenance, parks, municipal court, community center building, fitness center, planning and zoning. The Town also owns and operates enterprise activities, including water treatment, water distribution and wastewater management.
The Town of Nederland provides its own police services and holds court monthly on the second Friday of the month at 10:00 a.m. The offenses range from general traffic violations to various misdemeanor charges. The Town advocates for alternative sentencing solutions, such as restorative justice, and has partnered with the Teen Center on youth programs focused on restorative justice. The Municipal Judge is appointed by the Board of Trustees.
Scope of Municipal Judge Services
Municipal Judge Services required by the Town of Nederland include, but are not limited to:
- Administering the Town’s Municipal Court as required by
- Conducting trials, hearings & arraignments; making findings of guilty or not guilty; and sentencing.
- Keeping abreast of changes in the law, including, but not limited to, changes in Town ordinances.
- The Respondent must comply with all applicable laws and regulations governing the provision of legal services in the State of Colorado.
- The Respondent must be licensed by the Colorado State Bar and be in good standing.
- The Respondent must have at least five (5) year of experience providing legal services with preference given to individuals with judicial experience.
Proposal Format and RFP Procedures
- Name(s) of proposed individual to provide municipal judge services including background and experience with emphasis in municipal or other government work provided.
- Cost for any and all services to be provided including billing rates and reimbursable expenses if any.
- At least 3 references, preferably from other governmental entities within the State of Colorado.
- Interviews to be conducted on or around July 13, 2018.
Submittal: All proposals should be submitted electronically to Karen Gerrity at email@example.com
Due Date: 4:00 PM MT Monday, July 9, 2018
Questions: All questions shall be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.