Interested in holding an event in Nederland?
We are excited that you have chosen Nederland as the location where you want to hold your special event and want to work with you to make sure that your event goes smoothly! Below are our Special Event applications. If you have questions about which application to complete depending on your event, please contact Miranda Fisher, Town Clerk.
Large Special Event Application (for events with 250+ expected people per day)
Colorado State Application for Special Event Permit (required for events with liquor)
For additional information about special events or the application process, please contact Miranda Fisher Town Clerk; 303.258.3266 ext. 1030; or stop by Town Hall.
Great Events in Nederland!
Nederland plays host to multiple special events throughout the year with something fun for everyone!
- Frozen Dead Guy Days – A tongue-in-cheek tribute to Grandpa Bredo Morstoel, who is cryogenically frozen and cared for in a Tuff Shed on private property in Town, awaiting the day when science can re-animate him and cure him of the heart disease that killed him in 1989. FDGD is a weekend-long festival that takes over Town and will be held March 13-15, 2020. Our biggest party of the year offers up over 30 live bands, 15 food trucks a parade of hearses, polar bear plunge, and lots of competitive challenges like the coffin races. USA Today awarded FDGD top 6 cultural festivals in the country this year. Come join us for a weekend you’ll never forget.
- High Peaks Art Festival – This festival gets the summer in full swing the weekend of June 27th & 28th, 2020; and is thrilled to announce we are celebrating our 20th Anniversary in 2020! This free festival has something for the whole family, and is located in the picturesque mountain town of Nederland, Colorado; 8236 feet above the ordinary. You will discover unique, juried artwork, ceramics, enamel jewelry, furniture, fiber arts, garden-ware, woodworking, mixed media, glass, and much much more! The Town of Nederland offers varied restaurants, cafe’s and shops to wander through after visiting the festival; along with enjoying a stroll along the Barker Reservoir trail or a hike in the surrounding Rocky Mountains. We look forward to seeing you in June, and sharing this unique, intimate High Peaks Art Festival 20th Anniversary celebration together!
- Ned*Ned Race – With a 5K, 10K and Half Marathon, these events are truly special opportunities to experience high-altitude runs through our beautiful Town and surroundings, culminating in a post-race party with lots of great prizes! Ned*Ned occurs the first Saturday after Labor Day. Registration for the race is required, and participation can count toward the COLORADO MOUNTAIN HALF SERIES: Estes Park, Georgetown, and Nederland: Please see: Ned*Ned INFORMATION: Registration can be completed at www.nednedrun.com
Community Center Events:
Click here for the Community Center calendar to see what is happening each day in addition to these annual events.
- Art at the Center – Event is held three times per year and is put on by Nederland Community Center and the Art Committee. The hanging of each new show is celebrated with a reception showcasing the artists. Wine and hors d’oeuvres served. $5 donation requested to cover costs.
- Pancake Breakfasts – Put on by Mountain Peak Life/Nederland Area Seniors two time per year – Frozen Dead Guy Days in March and Coming home days in summer.
- Mountain Forum for Peace Annual Yard Sale – Everyone can find something at the yard sale, whether you need it or not! Tons of great items to search through. All proceeds are donated back into the community and to peace and justice causes.
- Community Thanksgiving Dinner – Volunteer -run community event, date variable-held the Sunday two weeks before Thanksgiving. Everyone welcome! Come share a meal with your Peak to Peak neighbors and bring a dish to share. Turkey, dressing potatoes and gravy provided. Zero waste event- bring your own plate, cup, utensils and take them home to wash.
- 9 Health Fair – Sponsored by Nederland Community Center and run by volunteers. Held in November the Saturday before Community Thanksgiving Dinner. Runs concurrently with Human Services Fair. Low cost blood draws, free health screenings, wellness information.
- Human Services Fair – Sponsored by Nederland Food Pantry and the Peak to Peak Housing and Human Services Alliance. Held in November the Saturday before Community Thanksgiving Dinner. Runs concurrently with 9 Health Fair. Human Service agencies on site providing information and services.
- Holiday Mountain Market – When it’s time for some holiday shopping, don’t forget to visit the Holiday Mountain Market, held in December at the Nederland Community Center, hosted by Mountain Peak Life, and benefit the non-profit Nederland Area Seniors. Local artisans and craftspeople work all year on amazing gifts of all sorts. Our annual arts and crafts festival features local mountain artists, unique gifts, festive food, a silent auction, holiday music and photos with Santa. No need to fight the mall traffic down below; just stop by the Market and for everything you’ll need for a festive and warm holiday season!
- Holiday Box Distribution – Sponsored by the local churches and Nederland Food Pantry. Usually second Saturday of December. Provides boxes of food to individuals for the holiday season.
- Oscar Night – Backdoor Theatre event. Beginning of March – a formal evening event in the Theater to watch the Oscars.
- The Big Lebowski Chill Out – Benefit for the Backdoor Theatre. Every March 6th to celebrate the Day of the Dude. Moving screening at 730p. Watch for posters advertising Dude-related activities.