How To Get a New or Replacement EcoPass:
EcoPasses are available to full-time, permanent residents of the Nederland Community Library District. They are funded by your property taxes.
ECOPASS HOURS: Town Hall staff is available to process new or replacement EcoPasses on Wednesday’s between 9am – 5pm. If you are unable to come in on a Wednesday, please call Town Hall at 303-258-3266 ext. 0 to schedule an appointment. EcoPasses will be processed within 10 days. Pass holders will be emailed when their EcoPass is ready for pick up.
FOR ALL PASSES: RTD requires that all residents show:
• a government-issued photo ID and
• other proof of residency.
RTD lists the following as acceptable forms of government-issued photo ID:
• State Issued Driver’s License (does not have to be issued by Colorado, but cannot be expired)
• State Issued ID
RTD lists the following as the only acceptable documents for proof of residency:
Please check to make sure the physical address is listed. A Nederland PO Box does not demonstrate proof of residency.
• An official lease – Hand-written leases, month-to-month leases and letters from landlords are not accepted. 60+ days must still be on the lease.
• A current utility bill dated within 60 days
• A credit card or bank statement dated within 60 days with your physical property address listed. A letter from your bank or other types of documentation will not be accepted.
Please note: A driver’s license with a Nederland PO Box or physical address WILL NOT count as proof of residency.
For Minors (age 6 – 19): RTD requires that minors show a photo ID and current proof of residency.
Acceptable documents for minors are:
• School document showing residency (printed copy of the Household Information page from BVSD Infinite Campus), and
• A current school photo ID or passport
If a photo ID cannot be provided, a parent can qualify the minor child by providing the parent’s:
• Government-issued photo ID,
• Proof of guardianship (birth certificate, court document, or health insurance card showing the dependent’s name or matching ID numbers), and
• Current proof of residency (as outlined above).
Please bring your child with you to Town Hall so we can take their picture for the pass.
REPLACEMENT PASSES: To get a replacement pass, you need to re-start the process as if you have never received one before.
Please come by Town Hall with your photo ID and other proof of residency, and we will re-take your picture. The cost for a replacement pass is $10.00, which is due before your pass will be issued.
• If you are a renter or are otherwise living on a property you do not personally own, you must come in to Town Hall to re-demonstrate proof of residency every year. Failure to re-demonstrate proof will result in your pass being suspended. RTD will un-suspend your pass once you have re-demonstrated proof of residency.
• If you move out of the Nederland Community Library District, you are no longer eligible to use the pass and you must return it to Town Hall.
• Having issues with your EcoPass? Call RTD at 303-299-6000 (the number on the back of your card).
If you have any questions, please call Town Hall at 303-258-3266 ext. 0, or email the Town Clerk.