How To Get a New or Replacement EcoPass:
EcoPasses are available to full-time, permanent residents of the Nederland Community Library District. They are funded by your property taxes.
ECOPASS HOURS: Town Hall staff is available to process EocPasses Monday through Friday, from 9am to 5pm. In most cases, they can be done same day, so no appointment is required!
FOR ALL PASSES: RTD requires that all residents show:
• a government-issued photo ID and
• other proof of residency.
RTD lists the following as acceptable forms of government-issued photo ID:
• State Issued Driver’s License (does not have to be issued by Colorado, but cannot be expired)
• State Issued ID
RTD lists the following as the only acceptable documents for proof of residency:
Please check to make sure the physical address is listed. A Nederland PO Box does not demonstrate proof of residency.
• An official lease – Hand-written leases, month-to-month leases and letters from landlords are not accepted. 60+ days must still be on the lease.
• A current utility bill dated within 60 days
• A credit card or bank statement dated within 60 days with your physical property address listed. A letter from your bank or other types of documentation will not be accepted.
Please note: A driver’s license with a Nederland PO Box or physical address WILL NOT count as proof of residency.
For Minors (age 6 – 19): RTD requires that minors show a photo ID and current proof of residency.
Acceptable documents for minors are:
• School document showing residency (printed copy of the Household Information page from BVSD Infinite Campus), and
• A current school photo ID or passport
If a photo ID cannot be provided, a parent can qualify the minor child by providing the parent’s:
• Government-issued photo ID,
• Proof of guardianship (birth certificate, court document, or health insurance card showing the dependent’s name or matching ID numbers), and
• Current proof of residency (as outlined above).
Please bring your child with you to Town Hall so we can take their picture for the pass.
REPLACEMENT PASSES: To get a replacement pass, you need to re-start the process as if you have never received one before.
Please come by Town Hall with your photo ID and other proof of residency, and we will re-take your picture. The cost for a replacement pass is $10.00, which is due before your pass will be issued.
• If you are a renter or are otherwise living on a property you do not personally own, you must come in to Town Hall to re-demonstrate proof of residency every year. Failure to re-demonstrate proof will result in your pass being suspended. RTD will un-suspend your pass once you have re-demonstrated proof of residency.
• If you move out of the Nederland Community Library District, you are no longer eligible to use the pass and you must return it to Town Hall.
• Having issues with your EcoPass? Call RTD at 303-299-6000 (the number on the back of your card).
If you have any questions, please call Town Hall at 303-258-3266 ext. 0, or email the Town Clerk.