Registered Sex Offenders List
The Colorado sex offender registry includes only those persons who have been required by law to register and who are in compliance with the sex offender registration laws. Persons should not rely solely on the sex offender registry as a safeguard against perpetrators of sexual assault in their communities. The crime for which a person is convicted may not accurately reflect the level of risk.
SOTAR (Sex Offender Tracking and Registration)
The list of Nederland’s registered sex offenders can now also be accessed online. The Nederland Police Department has joined a group of more than 50 law enforcement agencies who utilize a unified sex offender registry system known as SOTAR. You can now search for sex offenders registered in Wheat Ridge and all other participating jurisdictions from a single website.
SOTAR is a convenient tool which allows residents to view offenders who can be listed online under state law. State law prohibits law enforcement agencies from posting adult offenders who have only committed one misdemeanor sexual offense and juvenile offenders online. Offenders who have failed to register may be listed in SOTAR; they are also listed on the Colorado Bureau of Investigation.
- Offers a list of adult sexual offenders who have been convicted of a felony, are classified as sexually violent predators, or have failed to register in the past
- Colorado Sex Offender Management Board
- Colorado Coalition Against Sexual AbuseOpens a New Window.
- Center for Sex Offender ManagementOpens a New Window.
- National Center for Missing and Exploited ChildrenOpens a New Window.
- Safer Society