The mission of the Parks, Recreation & Open Space Advisory Board (PROSAB) is to maintain the Town of Nederland and Surrounding Areas Open Space, Trails, Parks and Outdoor Recreation Master Plan in conformance with the Town vision and the direction of the Town of Nederland Board of Trustees, to work to implement the Plan through its own initiative and through cooperation with and support of community organizations in coordination with town resources, to work to see that all projects that fall under the scope of the Plan conform to it and integrate harmoniously with one another and to advise the Board of Trustees and educate the public on matters concerning the Plan and its implementation.
PROSAB meetings are held the third Thursday of each month at the Nederland Community Center at 7:00 pm. All meetings are open to the public.
AGENDAS AND MEETING MINUTES
Town staff are in the process of moving all PROSAB agendas and meeting minutes to CivicWeb. During the transition, if you need access a specific agenda or meeting minutes, please email the Town Clerk.
PROSAB members are appointed by the Board of Trustees and serve three-year terms. Current members are:
- Jessie Ansari, Chair (term ends 6/1/2022)
- Jonathan Baumhover, BOT Liaison (term ends 6/1/2020)
- John Adler (term ends 6/1/2022)
- Marcello Mainzer (term ends 6/1/2023)
- Chris Perrett (term ends 6/1/2022)
- Atashnaa Medicineshield Werner (term ends 6/1/2022)
- VACANCY – Click here for more information on how to apply
PROSAB’s emphasis is on completing existing projects and placing the Town on a firm footing for maintaining present and future parks and recreation facilities.
- Create awareness of PROSAB programs and opportunities
- Continue to serve as a conduit for forest health information
- Planning, design, creation of all Town parks and recreational facilities and assets, paying attention to ADA compliance
- Create guidelines to standardize Town park fixtures
- Continue to serve as the primary Town conduit for communications with area entities seeking to address recreational shooting issues
- Support the Community Center and area recreational groups such as RINK and NedRec in providing recreational opportunities for local residents
- Complete management plans for all Town open space properties with assistance from state and county foresters
- Complete Trails Master Plan Update
- Continue to partner with interested organizations (such as Nederland Area Trails Organization (NATO), Wildland Restoration Volunteers (WRV) and the City of Boulder) to address trail maintenance needs
- Continue to engage with Boulder County and the United States Forest Service (USFS) in planning area trails
- Seek designation as Continental Divide Trail Gateway Community
NEDERLAND PARK MAP
*Historical PROSAB documents can be accessed on CivicWeb*