Utilities Department Seeks Full-Time Meter Technician
The Town of Nederland is accepting applications for a full-time Meter Technician in the Utilities Department. This entry-level position performs specialized duties related to water meter equipment installation, maintenance, and reading. The Meter Technician also maintains the automated metering infrastructure (AMI) system and supports customer service, utility billing, and water conservation.
- Previous experience with water distributions systems, building maintenance, hand/power tools, data collection, inventory control, warranty tracking, and/or customer service is a plus
- $20/hour (includes comprehensive employee benefits package)
- Opportunities for advancement and employer-sponsored training and certifications. This is a great entry-level position for someone looking to advance in the field.
- Flexible scheduling available
Interested applicants should email a resume OR Town of Nederland application to Christy Ruehman at email@example.com. Resumes can also be dropped off at Nederland Town Hall, 45 W. 1st Street, Nederland, CO 80466. (Please deposit into the black “Payment” box by the front door if Town Hall is closed).
Resumes accepted and position will remain open until filled.
Nederland Utilities Department Seeks Full-Time Operator I
The Town of Nederland is accepting applications for a full-time Operator I in the Utilities Department. This position will perform duties related to the installation, maintenance, and repair of all public utility services.
Responsibilities include: water treatment, transmission, and distribution; wastewater collection and treatment; storm water collection; meter installations; and heavy equipment operation and maintenance.
- Previous experience with water/wastewater, power tools, data collection, GIS, math, science, and the operation/maintenance of heavy equipment is a plus
- $15 – $19/hour, depending on experience (includes comprehensive employee benefits package)
- Must be willing and able to be subject to on-call 24/7, as well as able to work weekends and over time, as necessary
Interested applicants should email a resume, cover letter, and Town of Nederland employment application to Christy Ruehman at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications can also be dropped off at Nederland Town Hall, 45 W. 1st Street, Nederland, CO 80466. (Please deposit into the black “Payment” box by the front door if Town Hall is closed).
Applications accepted and position will remain open until filled.
Public Works Seeks Full Time Operator I in Streets Dept.
The Town of Nederland is accepting applications for a full-time Operator I in the Public Works Department (Streets).
- Must have a valid Commercial Driver’s License (CDL), or obtain within six months of hire
- Previous experience with heavy equipment operations, snow plowing, and streets maintenance highly desirable
- Must be willing and able to be on-call and/or subject to call 24/7
- $17.00 to $22.00 per hour, depending on experience (excellent benefits package included)
To apply, please submit a resume and Town of Nederland application.
TO EMAIL: email@example.com (preferred)
TO MAIL: Town of Nederland, PO Box 396, Nederland, CO 80466-0396
TO DROP OFF: Nederland Town Hall, 45 W. 1st Street, Nederland, CO 80466 (deposit into the black “Payment” box by the front door if Town Hall is closed)
Nederland Police Department Seeks Full-Time and Part-Time Police Officers
The Town of Nederland is hiring part-time and full-time police officers with Colorado POST certification. We value interpersonal skills, problem solving, enthusiasm, and good judgment. Demonstrating a positive attitude and passion for working in a small mountain community is a must.
Nederland is known as a gateway to outdoor recreation and we host many major events throughout the year. Our town motto is “Life is better up here!”
We offer great benefits to full-time employees, including:
- scheduling flexibility, such as option for 3-day work-week, totaling 40 hours (3 days on, 4 days off per week)
- employer-sponsored health, dental, and vision insurance
- 12 paid holidays
- 22 days of paid time off per year
- retirement account (up to 4% employer match)
- support of outside training for instructor certifications or areas of interest
After completion of training, officers receive additional perks:
- assigned patrol cars
- no graveyard shifts
Interested applicants should submit a resume, cover letter, and the Town of Nederland’s Police Department Application to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also drop off your application materials at Nederland Town Hall, 45 W. 1st Street, Nederland, CO 80466 OR the Nederland Police Department, 20 Lakeview Drive, Nederland, CO 80466. Please indicate whether you are interested in full-time or part-time work.
Click here to download the full job description and benefits package for each position:
Click here to download the Town of Nederland’s Police Department application. ***Please be sure to click the link, download the application, save it to your computer, and complete the application via .pdf fillable form. DO NOT submit hand-written applications.
Nederland Police Department Seeks Operations Support Unit (OSU) Volunteer
The Nederland Police Department is looking for a local volunteer for its Operations Support Unit (OSU). The OSU Volunteer would work for the Nederland Police Department and provide support to the daily operations of the NPD. The preferred candidate would be a local Nederland area resident that is able to provide a minimum of 8 hours per week of unpaid volunteer service, with the understanding that additional hours may be needed on a case by case basis. The OSU Volunteer would work directly for the Marshal and/or his designee and be responsible for such administrative duties as fleet operations, traffic management, special events support, motorist assist, firearms/armory support, etc. Please contact Marshal Larry Johns if you have any additional questions or are interested in the OSU position. Contact: 303-258-3250 or email@example.com.