Boulder County’s first annual Food Waste Awareness Week is almost here! We’re excited to be working with many great community partners to educate and encourage Boulder County residents to waste less food during this week-long campaign, April 16-22.
We need your help to make this campaign a success. Spread the news! As one of our partners, we know that you, too, are an important contributor to our community food system and have a vital role in helping to reduce food waste. Here’s what you can do to help:
- Share the attached flyers on your social media channels and/or through email.
- Hang a poster on your community board or store window.
- Sign up to receive updates at bouldercounty.org/food-waste and encourage other to sign up as well.
- Follow Boulder County on Facebook or Twitter and share our upcoming events on social media and your website or newsletter.
- Host a community conversation about food waste, or plan your own food waste-related event during the same week.
April 16th-22nd is Boulder County’s first annual Food Waste Awareness Week. Throughout the week, Boulder County and its partners will be hosting a series of events to bring awareness to this issue in our community, across the country and around the world. Community members can join us for the following events:
- A screening of Just Eat It, an investigation of food waste from the farm to the fridge on Monday, April 16th at 6:30 pm at two locations:
- Bohemian Biergarten (2017 13th St. Boulder)
- Nederland Community Center (750 CO-72 Nederland)
- Tour of Community Food Share – signup available at bouldercounty.org/food-waste