In accordance with Boulder County moving to Safer at Home – Level Red, Town Hall will be closed to the public. Staff is still available by appointment. To make an appointment, please call 303-258-3266.
November Career & Financial Workshops
Our FREE Career and Financial workshops and Computer Training Center are available virtually at Workforce Boulder County.
Virtual Career Workshops
- Career Exploration – Discover how your interests, personality, and values combine to lead you to the career
that is right for you.
- Updating & Tailoring Your Resume – Learn the current trends in resume writing and how to target your
resume to the position to get your resume noticed. Note: Please be clear about the job or jobs you want
before taking this workshop.
- LinkedIn 101 – Maximizing Your LinkedIn Profile — Covers how to make your profile stand out, set privacy
settings, and make connections with others on LinkedIn.
- LinkedIn 201 – LinkedIn for Job Search – Once you have completed your Profile, learn how to unleash the
power of LinkedIn to connect with past colleagues, uncover leads to unadvertised positions, and find new
ways to search for your next job.
- Virtual Job Search – Tap into the hidden job market and discover the importance of networking in your
search. 50% of jobs are never advertised or posted. Employers prefer to hire job seekers who are referred
by their colleagues and coworkers. Learn innovative ways to find the hidden jobs and get referred.
- Interview Preparation – Learn to research a company, practice interview questions, and build your
confidence! Prepare to interview successfully using a simple formula to showcase your skills and how to
prepare strong answers to the tough interview questions.
Virtual Financial Workshops – English & Spanish
- Exploring My Financial Future / Explorando mi Futuro Financiero
- Thoughtful Money Management / Utilizando el Crédito Sabiamente
- Budgeting on a Small Income / Presupuestando y Manejando sus Finanzas con Ingresos
- Communicating for Financial Health / Conversaciones Saludables con sus Cobradores
- Organizing for Financial Management / Métodos para Mantener el Control de sus Finanzas
- Credit Reporting—Know the Facts / Comprendiendo su Informe de Crédito & Todo lo que Debo Saber Acerca de Crédito
- Be informed, Borrow Smart / Infórmese para Endeudarse Sabiamente
- Building a Banking Relationship / Estableciendo una Relación Bancara
- Pathway Out of Debt / Cómo Deshacerse de sus Deudas
- Investing Basics / Ahorro e Inversiones para Principiant
To see the Financial and Career Workshops schedule, go to www.wfbc.org and click on our
Calendar of Events. Click on any workshop for the link to sign up.
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 720-776-0822
Virtual Computer Training Center
Would you like to enhance your computer skills? Look no further than Workforce Boulder County! To sign up for online computer training, or for more info, contact us at email@example.com. (See the attached flyer for more info)
- Free online computer training for anyone 18 and over. Available 24/7.
- Via CustomGuide training software, learn
- Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, SharePoint, OneDrive, OneNote, Project, Teams, Office Fundamentals;
- Google Gmail, Docs, Drive, Sheets, Slides
- And… Business Writing, Effective Presentations, Email Etiquette, Zoom
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 720-776-0822
FREE FLU SHOTS have been rescheduled to Saturday, 10/31.
Free flu shots will be available for those age 19 and over who are otherwise having difficulty getting a flu shot. These will be offered in conjunction with the Nederland Food Pantry’s food distribution in the upper parking lot of the Nederland Community Center from 10:00 am – noon.
Everyone is welcome!
- Every Thursday from 4pm – 6pm at the Nederland Community Center.
- Testing will be in the Gymnasium.
- Come to the main east -side entrance and follow signs.
- If you are symptomatic, PLEASE STAY IN YOUR CAR. Call the front desk, 303.258.9721, and we will send someone out to you!
Thank you to Boulder County Public Health, Boulder Community Health, and Dennis Whalen of Peak to Peak Housing and Human Services Alliance for their efforts to make this happen!
We know this is a very difficult time for all those impacted by the #CalWoodFire and #LefthandCanyonFire here in Boulder County. We want you to know we are here to help.
Boulder County has the following supports available for any household that was evacuated or otherwise impacted due to the fires:
- Food assistance
- Housing assistance
- Financial counseling
- Health coverage
- Transportation assistance
- Referrals and linkages to other basic needs
- Mental health supports
- Help with debris removal
The virtual Disaster Assistance Center will operate weekdays from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday beginning October 23. Contact the Disaster Assistance Center at 303-441-1206. Leave a message with your name, phone number and/or email address, and physical address, along with a brief description of the help you need. We will get back to you within two business days.
Oct 19th 2020, by Barb Halpin
The public information call center for #CalWoodFire and #LefthandCanyonFire will be open Monday, Oct. 19, from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. Please call 303-413-7730 to speak to a call center staff member.
The post Public call center will be open from 8a-9p Monday, Oct. 19 appeared first on Boulder OEM.
The Nederland Skate Park will have intermittent closures starting today, October 7th through Friday, October 9th while our Public Works team focuses on sealing and repairing cracks in two of the bowls. If you have questions about this work, please contact Town Hall at 303-258-3266.
Please join Mayor Larsen and Trustee Taylor this Sunday at Nederland Farmers Market for our Envision 2030 outreach!
From 10am – 2pm
We look forward to connecting with you all about Envision 2030!
Spread the Word: The Time to Act is Now!
About the 2020 Census