GOLD HILL, Colo. (July 5, 2018) – U.S. Forest Service contractors are completing 50 acres of mechanical fuels reduction work 3 miles west of Gold Hill near Switzerland Trail. The project is expected take up to four weeks to complete. Visitors are asked to use caution on Forest Service Road 456.1C as log trucks will be using that road. A map of the project area is available here: Gold Hill Area.
For more information visit:
To apply to be a Board of Zoning Adjustment member come to Town Hall for an application or download an application: Advisory Board & Commission Application
Return completed application to the Town Clerk at Town Hall or email.
The Board of Zoning Adjustment meets as needed on the second Thursday of each quarter (January, April, July, October) in the Nederland Community Center.
Nederland Municipal Code, Section 16:232, describes the Board of Zoning Adjustment:
The Board shall hear and decide applications for variances where there are practical difficulties or unnecessary hardships in the way of carrying out the strict letter of this Chapter [Chapter 16, Municipal Code]. The Board has the power to vary or modify the application of the regulations or provisions of this Chapter relating to the use, construction or alteration of buildings or structures, or the use of land, so that the spirit of this Chapter is observed, public safety and welfare secured and substantial justice done, provided that the Board finds that all of the following criteria have been satisfied:
- That there are unique physical circumstances or conditions, such as irregularity, narrowness, shallowness or size of the lot, or exceptional topographical or other physical conditions peculiar to the affected property;
- That, because of such physical circumstances or conditions, the property cannot reasonably be developed in conformity with the provisions of this Chapter;
- That such unnecessary hardship has not been created by the applicant;
- That the variance, if granted, will not alter the essential character of the neighborhood or district in which the property is located nor substantially or permanently impair the appropriate use or development of adjacent property; and
- That the variance, if granted, is the minimum variance that will afford relief and is the least modification possible of this Chapter’s provisions which are in question.
The public is welcome to review the detailed discussion and corresponding documents regarding Short Term Rentals, as discussed at the June 27th Planning Committee meeting. All attachments will all be included in the July 17th Board of Trustees packet and will be a discussion item on the agenda.
- DRAFT Short Term Rental Ordinance
- Red-lined version for comparison based on the state of the ordinance at the beginning of the 6/27 PC meeting
- 6/27/18 Planning Commission minutes
Please note: The Board of Trustees retreat is a work session and open to the public.
No public comments will be allowed.
Notice of Town of Nederland Sales Tax Increase: July 1st 2018
Attn: Town of Nederland Residents and Visitors
On April 3rd, 2018 Nederland residents voted to pass ballot issue 2A approving a sales tax increase of 0.25%. Please note: The Town of Nederland sales tax will increase from 3.75% to 4% for the purpose of street improvements, as of July 1st, 2018.
TOWN OF NEDERLAND BALLOT ISSUE 2A:
SHALL TOWN OF NEDERLAND TAXES BE INCREASED $110,000 ANNUALLY IN THE FIRST FISCAL YEAR (2019), AND BY WHATEVER ADDITIONAL AMOUNTS ARE RAISED ANNUALLY IN EACH SUBSEQUENT YEAR, THROUGH A QUARTER OF ONE PERCENT (.25%) INCREASE IN THE TOWN SALES TAX RATE (INCREASING THE TOWN SALES TAX RATE FROM THREE AND THREE QUARTER PERCENT (3.75%) TO FOUR PERCENT (4%)), COMMENCING ON JULY 1, 2018, AND CONTINUING IN PERPETUITY, THE REVENUES FROM SUCH QUARTER OF ONE PERCENT (.25%) INCREASE TO BE USED SOLELY FOR THE PURPOSES OF PUBLIC ROADS, INCLUDING STREET IMPROVEMENTS, PAVING, STREET DRAINAGE IMPROVEMENTS, SIDEWALKS, MINOR STREET REPAIRS, AND POTHOLE PATCHING, AND SHALL ALL TAX REVENUES GENERATED FROM THE SALES TAX AUTHORIZED HEREBY AND FROM ANY EARNINGS FROM THE INVESTMENT OF SUCH REVENUES CONSTITUTE A VOTER-APPROVED REVENUE CHANGE AND AN EXCEPTION TO THE REVENUE AND SPENDING LIMITS OF ARTICLE X, SECTION 20 OF THE COLORADO CONSTITUTION.
PASSED: 210 YES /135 NO Votes
Town Clerk of Nederland
The regularly scheduled July 3rd Board of Trustees meeting has been cancelled.
Instead the Board of Trustees will be holding their annual Board retreat. The Board retreat is a work session and is open to the public for observation. No public comments will be allowed.
As a follow-up to the Community Engagement Forum in which Town staff and residents discussed the steps in processing resident request and concerns, the Resident Communications Steps document was created.
If you are interested in learning how to process requests or concerns with Town Staff, regarding how to:
- Permit a development or construction project
- Reserve a Town park or recreation area for an event or public assembly
- File a formal resident complaint
- Address a question or concern to the Board of Trustees
- Pay or inquire about a water bill
- Contact Nederland Police for non-emergencies and emergencies
- Report a street and/or utilities issue
Check out Resident Communications Steps to learn the process to best communicate your requests and/or concerns.
If you are interested in learning about other Town of Nederland communication steps, please contact the Town Clerk with suggestions. Thank you.
Town Clerk, Hope Jordan
Phone: 303-258-3266 x 1030