IT’S BACK!!! Part 2 of the 2014 NedWEB program will begin October 1, 2014.
NedWEB — Your “Buy Local!” Campaign
NedWEB 2014 will take place in two, two-month periods this year. The first will be April through May and then October through November. The program will be similar to 2013 but this time the first 80 residents to present $100.00 in receipts from Nederland businesses or service providers on the Nederland “Good Neighbor Business” list to Town Hall will each receive a $15.00 voucher good at any Nederland “Good Neighbor Business.”
Residents can take the voucher and spend it like cash within 60 days of issuance. (The business may redeem the voucher for its full $15.00 value, plus an extra $1.00 handling fee at Town Hall within the same calendar year.) In that way, residents are encouraged to shop local twice – once to get the original $100.00 in receipts and again to spend the $15.00 voucher.
How Does NedWEB Work?
During April through May and again October through November, the first 80 residents or businesses to present $100.00 in receipts from Nederland businesses or service providers on the Nederland “Good Neighbor Business” list to Town Hall will each receive a $15.00 voucher good at any Nederland “Good Neighbor Business.” Visit the website to look for local service-based businesses, and look for this sticker in the windows of participating local retailers:
Residents can take the voucher and spend it like cash within 60 days of issuance. (The business could redeem the voucher for its full $15.00 value, plus an extra $1.00 handling fee at Town Hall within the same calendar year.) In that way, residents are encouraged to shop local twice – once to get the original $100.00 in receipts and again to spend the $15.00 voucher.
Here’s what the voucher will look like:
***All vouchers will be embossed with the Town of Nederland official stamp, numbered, and the resident’s name will be handwritten next to the number. Businesses will not accept vouchers without these safeguards in place.***
NedWEB was launched in the winter of 2013 with an Economic Development Grant from Boulder County. Based on the response to NedWEB in its first year, Nederland is again using Boulder County Economic Grant money to increase awareness of the program and local businesses as well as boost sales in a slow sales time of the year. NedWEB 2014 was delayed due to the timing of the grant approval because Boulder County has been spending much of its time on 2013 flood recovery issues.
Looking forward, the Town could obtain additional grant money from other sources to expand the program in the future, hopefully to residents all along the Peak-to-Peak Community, and more businesses. Stay tuned for more information.
What About the “Fine Print?”
Some rules for the NedWEB program:
- No one vendor or business can make up more than 50% of a resident’s receipt expenditures. This is to encourage a more diverse spending, rather than having residents present only receipts from grocery shopping or eating out at their favorite restaurant.
- Individual participation in the program will be limited to residents in the Nederland Community Library District, as determined by Boulder County voter registration rolls, and businesses located within the Town of Nederland. If you are eligible for the Ned Eco-Pass, you are also eligible to participate in NedWEB!
- Individuals can only participate in the program once per month.
- When the month’s NedWEB amount is gone, the program is complete for that month, even if that happens in the first few days of the month.
- Only businesses that are compliant with Nederland Municipal Code concerning business licensing and posted on the Town’s “Good Neighbor Business List” may participate in the NedWEB program.
- Any business otherwise eligible to participate may opt out of the program.
- Residents must present receipts generated from within the eligible calendar months and will have a 15-day grace period into the following month for submission, e.g., a resident could present January receipts until February 15th.
- Any NedWEB money remaining at the end of the month will be rolled over into the following month, potentially allowing more than 80 people to take advantage of the program the following month.
- Residents and businesses can submit receipts via snail mail, e-mail, or in person at Town Hall. Credit card statements will also be accepted in lieu of receipts.
- All vouchers must be obtained at Nederland Town Hall during regular business hours.
- Any abuse of the program, including counterfeiting of vouchers, will render the offending individuals ineligible for participation in the program in the future.
Where Can I Get More Information?
Feel free to download and share the attached information flyer:
NedWEB 2014 Flyer (579.4 KiB, 536 hits)
NedWEB Info -- Residents (279.4 KiB, 0 hits)
NedWEB Info -- Business Owners (292.9 KiB, 0 hits)
NedWEB Info -- 1-page flyer for posting (141.5 KiB, 0 hits)
For more information about the program and an updated list of Good Neighbor Businesses, please watch this space, the Town’s Twitter feed (firstname.lastname@example.org), the Town’s Facebook page (Nederland Colorado Town Hall) or contact the Town Receptionist at:
303.258.3266, ext. 0
45 W. First St.
P.O. Box 396
Nederland, CO 80466