If you’re considering moving to Nederland, or just trying to get some things done, we’ve compiled a short checklist of useful information to get you started. We only include locally based or licensed resources on this page. We do not add links to nationally oriented business or organizations here.
- Nederland Community Center
- Nederland Community Library
- City of Boulder
- Backdoor Theater Company
- Teens, Inc.
- Ned Rink
- Nathan Lazarus Skatepark
- Wild Bear Mountain Ecology Center
- Trash and Recycling: Boulder County has a transfer station on Ridge Rd. for trash drop-off and recycling. Alternatively, home trash pick-up is provided by private companies, including Western Disposal and One Way Inc.. Keep Magnolia Clean and Green Girl Recycling are local trash, recycling and composting services.
- Compost: NedCompost is a non-profit that has composting services in Nederland.
- Telephone: CenturyLink has the local franchise for land line telephone. AT&T and Verizon cellular phone service is available. VOIP is known to work over local wireless internet providers as well.
- Internet: Local internet service is provided by Nedernet or Skybeam. CenturyLink or http://www.centurylinkdeals.com/internet/Colorado/B/Boulder/ offers DSL. Satellite systems are also available.
- Water and Sewer: The Town Public Works Department provides water and sewer service to most of Nederland. Our water and sewer fees can be viewed here.
- Television: Satellite systems and free, over the air broadcasts are available.
- Electricity and Natural Gas: Xcel Energy has the electricity and natural gas franchise. To report residential or business electrical outages or non-functioning streetlights, please call 1-800-895-1999. This system is the best method for recording outages and scheduling them for service.
- Propane Gas: Multiple propane gas providers service our area, including Amerigas (303.642.1121), Hygiene Propane Services (1.800.407.6197), Peak to Peak Propane (303.485.6364), and Fred’s Propane Services (303.444.1787).
Health & Human Services Guide
Boulder County Health and Human Services Guide 2015 (3.9 MiB, 278 hits)
Where to Get Help Guide (Fall 2014 Update) (4.2 MiB, 863 hits)
- Boulder County
- US Forest Service
- Nederland Fire Protection District
- Gilpin County
CO House District 13 Map (3.6 MiB, 1,365 hits)
CO Senate District 18 Map (864.0 KiB, 988 hits)
Nederland has both an elementary school and a combined middle/high school. Both are within walking distance of town. Nederland also has several quality child-care centers for preschool children.
- Nederland Elementary School
- Nederland Middle/High School
- Chinook West at Teens Inc.
- Aspen Grove Preschool, (303) 258-0390.
- Caribou Mountain Preschool, (303) 447-5075.
- Little Bear School (infant and preschool children), (303) 258-3036.
- Wild Bear Nature School, (303) 258-0495
- Boulder Mountain Realty
- Indian Peaks Real Estate Services
- Metro Brokers
- Metro Brokers
- Peak Performance Realty
- RE/MAX Alliance of Nederland
DISCLAIMER: The Town offers this information for local residents to access local services. We do not post any nationally oriented information here or general information links (e.g. college aid links, etc.). If you are a locally based business or organization providing services to the public in Nederland and would like to be listed here, please contact us at info “at” nederlandco.org.