How to Sponsor a Special Event in Nederland
Looking to Sponsor a new special event? All special events must receive the appropriate permits from Town Hall and, in the case of events with alcohol sales, the State of Colorado. The links to the documents directly below will lead you through the process. All applications, including liquor permits, should be submitted to Town Hall with the accompanying fees.
Special Event Permit Application (184.3 KiB, 0 hits)
Noise Variance Permit Application (87.2 KiB, 0 hits)
Zero Waste Events Planning Booklet (178.8 KiB, 1,394 hits)
Special Event Liquor License Information (257.4 KiB, 1,093 hits)
Banner Permit on Town-Owned Property (278.3 KiB, 0 hits)
Public Facility Rental Application (276.9 KiB, 310 hits)
Special Event Permit application form for events at the Community Center (108.9 KiB, 649 hits)
For additional information about special events or the application process, please contact LauraJane Baur, Town Clerk, laurajaneb at Nederlandco.org; 303.258.3266 ext. 23; or stop by Town Hall.
Great Events in Ned!
Nederland plays host to multiple special events throughout the year, with something fun for everyone!
- You won’t want to miss Frozen Dead Guy Days, a tongue-in-cheek tribute to Grandpa Bredo Morstoel, who is cryogenically frozen and cared for in a Tuff Shed on private property in Town, awaiting the day when science can re-animate him and cure him of the heart disease that killed him in 1989. FDGD is a weekend-long party that takes over Town, the 2016 dates were March 11-13. Our biggest party of the year offers up music, food, a polar bear plunge, and lots of competitive challenges like the coffin races. In 2010, the New York Times named FDGD in its Top 10 Best Parties of the Winter, alongside Mardi Gras in New Orleans and Carnaval in Rio de Janeiro. Come join us for a weekend you’ll never forget!
- Wild EARTH DAY, sponsored by Wild Bear Mountain Ecology Center on April 27th. Various scheduled events at the Center as well as Chipeta Park. See: http://wildbear.org/wild-earth/ for further info.
- Mountain Forum for Peace Annual Yardsale at the Community Center June 20, 21, and 22. Everyone can find something at the yardsale, whether you need it or not! Tons of great items to search through. Don’t forget to add this one to your calendar!
- The High Peaks Art Festival gets the summer in full swing in Nederland on June 25-26. This free festival has something for the whole family, including art workshops for the children, juried art shows, live music by local bands and musicians, and food provided by local restaurants. Not one to be missed!
- NedFest is one of Colorado’s biggest musical festivals. During August 22-24, more than a dozen bands converge on Nederland and fill the valley with music against the gorgeous backdrop of Barker reservoir and our Ponderosa Pine-covered mountains. Tickets are required for entrance to NedFest, so buy early to insure your chance to participate.
- Runners won’t want to miss the Ned*Ned Race held every September. With a 5K, 10K and Half Marathon, these events are truly special opportunities to experience high-altitude runs through our beautiful Town and surroundings, culminating in a post-race party with lots of great prizes!. Registration for the race is required, and participation can count toward the COLORADO MOUNTAIN HALF SERIES: Estes Park, Georgetown and Nederland: Please see: comtnhalf.com.
Ned*Ned INFORMATION: Registration can be completed at https://nednedrun.com
- The 2nd annual Oktoberfest Bavarian Celebration is scheduled for September 13. It is a classic 25 mile mountain bike “fondo style” event along with a Bavarian style Oktoberfest with traditional German food, music and beer. See: Nederland Oktoberfest for more information. A percentage of each entry will benefit the Colorado High School Cycling League.
- Windfest is a chance for kids of all ages to indulge their love of kites! Usually held in September each year, this free festival features the chance to fly your kites or even to make a new one at one of the kite-making tables.
- When it’s time for some holiday shopping, don’t forget to visit the Holiday Mountain Market, held the first weekend in December at the Nederland Community Center. Local artisans and craftspeople work all year on amazing gifts of all sorts. Our annual arts and crafts festival features local mountain artists, unique gifts, festive food, a silent auction, holiday music and photos with Santa. No need to fight the mall traffic down below; just stop by the Market and for everything you’ll need for a festive and warm holiday season!