How to Sponsor a Special Event in Nederland
Looking to Sponsor a new special event? All special events must receive the appropriate permits from Town Hall and, in the case of events with alcohol sales, the State of Colorado. The links to the documents directly below will lead you through the process. All applications, including liquor permits, should be submitted to Town Hall with the accompanying fees.
Noise Variance Permit Application (87.2 KiB, 0 hits)
Zero Waste Events Planning Booklet (178.8 KiB, 1,591 hits)
Banner Permit on Town-Owned Property (278.3 KiB, 0 hits)
Public Facility Rental Application (276.9 KiB, 466 hits)
Special Event Permit application form for events at the Community Center (108.9 KiB, 764 hits)
For additional information about special events or the application process, please contact Hope Jordan Town Clerk, (email@example.com); 303.258.3266 ext. 1030; or stop by Town Hall.
Great Events in Nederland!
Nederland plays host to multiple special events throughout the year, with something fun for everyone!
- Frozen Dead Guy Days, a tongue-in-cheek tribute to Grandpa Bredo Morstoel, who is cryogenically frozen and cared for in a Tuff Shed on private property in Town, awaiting the day when science can re-animate him and cure him of the heart disease that killed him in 1989. FDGD is a weekend-long party that takes over Town, the 2018 dates were March 9th-11th. Our biggest party of the year offers up music, food, a polar bear plunge, and lots of competitive challenges like the coffin races. In 2010, the New York Times named FDGD in its Top 10 Best Parties of the Winter, alongside Mardi Gras in New Orleans and Carnaval in Rio de Janeiro. Come join us for a weekend you’ll never forget.
- Mountain Forum for Peace Annual Yard Sale at the Community Center Friday: June 1st & Saturday: 2nd, 9am -7pm. Sunday: June 3rd 10am -12pm (HALF PRICE), 12:20pm-1:30pm (FREE). Everyone can find something at the yard sale, whether you need it or not! Tons of great items to search through.
- The High Peaks Art Festival gets the summer in full swing in Nederland on June 24th & 25th, 2018. This free festival has something for the whole family, including art workshops for the children, judged art shows, live music by local bands and musicians, and food provided by local restaurants.
- 4th of July Parade – Join the Town of Nederland staff and residents in celebration. The parade will begin at the Salto and Tin Shed Sports’ grandstand. The parade starts at 11:30am on Wednesday July 4th.
- NedFest – One of Colorado’s biggest musical festivals. August 24th-26th 2018, more than a dozen bands converge on Nederland and fill the valley with music against the gorgeous backdrop of Barker reservoir and our Ponderosa Pine-covered mountains. Tickets are required for entrance to NedFest, so buy early to ensure your chance to participate. Nedfest.com
- Ned*Ned Race September 8th, 2018. With a 5K, 10K and Half Marathon, these events are truly special opportunities to experience high-altitude runs through our beautiful Town and surroundings, culminating in a post-race party with lots of great prizes!. Registration for the race is required, and participation can count toward the COLORADO MOUNTAIN HALF SERIES: Estes Park, Georgetown, and Nederland: Please see: Ned*Ned INFORMATION: Registration can be completed at www.nednedrun.com
- Holiday Mountain Market: When it’s time for some holiday shopping, don’t forget to visit the Holiday Mountain Market, held the first weekend in December at the Nederland Community Center. Local artisans and craftspeople work all year on amazing gifts of all sorts. Our annual arts and crafts festival features local mountain artists, unique gifts, festive food, a silent auction, holiday music and photos with Santa. No need to fight the mall traffic down below; just stop by the Market and for everything you’ll need for a festive and warm holiday season!