Special Events in Nederland
How to Sponsor a Special Event in Nederland
Looking to Sponsor a new special event? All special events must receive the appropriate permits from Town Hall and, in the case of events with alcohol sales, the State of Colorado. The links to the documents directly below will lead you through the process. All applications, including liquor permits, should be submitted to Town Hall with the accompanying fees.
Special Event Permit Application (184.3 KiB, 0 hits)
Noise Variance Permit Application (87.2 KiB, 0 hits)
Zero Waste Events Planning Booklet (178.8 KiB, 1,195 hits)
Special Event Liquor License Information (257.4 KiB, 974 hits)
Banner Permit on Town-Owned Property (278.3 KiB, 0 hits)
2016 Public Facility Rental form (157.2 KiB, 178 hits)
Special Event Permit application form for events at the Community Center (108.9 KiB, 511 hits)
For additional information about special events or the application process, please contact LauraJane Baur, Town Clerk, laurajaneb at Nederlandco.org; 303.258.3266 ext. 23; or stop by Town Hall.
Great Events in Ned!
Nederland plays host to multiple special events throughout the year, with something fun for everyone!
- You won’t want to miss Frozen Dead Guy Days, a tongue-in-cheek tribute to Grandpa Bredo Morstoel, who is cryogenically frozen and cared for in a Tuff Shed on private property in Town, awaiting the day when science can re-animate him and cure him of the heart disease that killed him in 1989. FDGD is a weekend-long party that takes over Town, the 2016 dates were March 11-13. Our biggest party of the year offers up music, food, a polar bear plunge, and lots of competitive challenges like the coffin races. In 2010, the New York Times named FDGD in its Top 10 Best Parties of the Winter, alongside Mardi Gras in New Orleans and Carnaval in Rio de Janeiro. Come join us for a weekend you’ll never forget!
- Wild EARTH DAY, sponsored by Wild Bear Mountain Ecology Center on April 27th. Various scheduled events at the Center as well as Chipeta Park. See: http://wildbear.org/wild-earth/ for further info.
- Mountain Forum for Peace Annual Yardsale at the Community Center June 20, 21, and 22. Everyone can find something at the yardsale, whether you need it or not! Tons of great items to search through. Don’t forget to add this one to your calendar!
- The High Peaks Art Festival gets the summer in full swing in Nederland on June 25-26. This free festival has something for the whole family, including art workshops for the children, juried art shows, live music by local bands and musicians, and food provided by local restaurants. Not one to be missed!
- Nederland’s Old Fashion July 4th Fireworks & Festival invites you and your family to join us here in the lovely mountain town of Nederland, Colorado for an afternoon and evening of events. The parade will start at noon and run up First Street to Snyder, where it will turn and go across to Third Street, then back down to the start. Then from 5pm to 9pm there is a picnic and pickin’ at Chiptea Park (all ages and abilities welcome to pick), bouncy castle, bungee bull, giant Connect Four and Corn Hole games. Fireworks will start at dark. Come up to Nederland and join us for some good old fashion fun! For more information check out themtnear.com or https://www.facebook.com/Pk2PkHCP.
- Nederland’s mining history is captured and re-lived in our annual Miner’s Days celebration scheduled for September 20-21. This year’s event will include craft and food vendors, mining demonstrations, old-fashioned miner competitions on Saturday and Sunday (with prize money!), and special events for the kids. While you’re in Town, be sure to stop in the Mining Museum to see the fascinating mining artifacts and learn a little bit about Nederland’s rich mining history..
- Nederland Coming Home Days (formerly Old Timers’ Days) is scheduled for Saturday, July 30 and offers a free, family-friendly picnic atmosphere at Chipeta Park.
- NedFest is one of Colorado’s biggest musical festivals. During August 22-24, more than a dozen bands converge on Nederland and fill the valley with music against the gorgeous backdrop of Barker reservoir and our Ponderosa Pine-covered mountains. Tickets are required for entrance to NedFest, so buy early to insure your chance to participate.
- Runners won’t want to miss the Neder-Nederland Race held in September. With a 5k and a Half Marathon, this race is a truly special opportunity to experience a high-altitude run through our beautiful Town and valley, culminating in a post-race party with food, drinks, and entertainment. Registration for the race is required, and participation can count toward qualification for the Bolder Boulder. Registration can be completed at https://runsignup.com/Race/CO/Nederland/NedNed
- The 2nd annual Oktoberfest Bavarian Celebration is scheduled for September 13. It is a classic 25 mile mountain bike “fondo style” event along with a Bavarian style Oktoberfest with traditional German food, music and beer. See: Nederland Oktoberfest for more information. A percentage of each entry will benefit the Colorado High School Cycling League.
- Windfest is a chance for kids of all ages to indulge their love of kites! Usually held in September each year, this free festival features the chance to fly your kites or even to make a new one at one of the kite-making tables.
- When it’s time for some holiday shopping, don’t forget to visit the Holiday Mountain Market, held the first weekend in December at the Nederland Community Center. Local artisans and craftspeople work all year on amazing gifts of all sorts. Our annual arts and crafts festival features local mountain artists, unique gifts, festive food, a silent auction, holiday music and photos with Santa. No need to fight the mall traffic down below; just stop by the Market and for everything you’ll need for a festive and warm holiday season!