The Nederland Planning Commission has one vacancy upon the Commission. Viable candidate must be a resident of the Town of Nederland, within the town’s boundaries. The Planning Commission generally meets on the 4th Wednesday of each month, unless a holiday.
The Planning Commission provides the following direction:
(1) To prepare and maintain, subject to periodic revision as necessary, a Master Plan as described by state statutes.
(2) To implement the provisions of Chapters 16 and 17 of this Code, and to perform all functions and powers referred to in said chapters where reference is made.
(3) To study and recommend to the Board of Trustees amendments to the Zoning Map of the Town.
(4) To study and recommend appropriate zoning classifications for all annexations to the Town.
(5) To exchange information with the various governmental agencies charged with planning and zoning responsibilities and with the Board of Zoning Adjustment of the Town.
(6) To have all other duties and powers incidental to the above and any and all powers and duties set out by state statute, except that nothing herein shall permit the Planning Commission to make amendments to changes in the zoning of the Town, such powers expressly being reserved by the Board of Trustees. (Ord. 435 §1, 1996)
For more information, please contact Town Clerk LauraJane Baur ** laurajaneb ** @nederlandco.org (do not include asterisks or spaces) or Planning and Building Technician Cynthia Bakke ** cynthiab ** @ nederlandco.org