Boulder County, Colo. – Boulder County Parks and Open Space staff has determined that the following properties are safe and accessible and can open to the public at sunrise, Friday, September 27:
- Rabbit Mountain Open Space
- Walden Ponds – Duck Pond loop, boardwalk, and very limited fishing access near parking areas (fishing pier remains closed)
- Boulder County Fairgrounds including Cattail Pond trail
- All Gunbarrel area trails, including Cottontail Trail and all neighborhood connecting trails
- LoBo Trail from 83rd to Ogallala (Ogallala to 95th remains closed)
- Little Gaynor Lake
- Dodd Lake
Opened as of September 20:
- Twin Lakes (including area trails)
- Niwot Trails (except Dry Creek trail)
- Lagerman Reservoir
- Legion Park
- Agricultural Heritage Center
Additional parks will be opened as staff can assess conditions and do the work necessary to make them safe and/or accessible. A full list of updates will be posted at, www.BoulderCountyOpenSpace.org/trails.
The Sheriff’s office has asked that we keep mountain properties closed in order to avoid drawing extra traffic in key areas with limited road access.