2013 Eco-Pass Pick-up!
To accommodate residents who are not able to make it between 9am-5pm Monday through Friday, Town Hall will be open from 10am-2pm on Saturday, January 19th and Saturday, January 26th for 2013 ECO Pass Smart Card pick-up only. It would be very helpful to staff if you could try to make one of those Saturdays for pick-up, if possible. Please come in person, bring your proof of residency, and sign for your own pass. Legal guardians can, of course, sign and pick-up for minors.
New Eco-Pass applicants can also come on these pick-up days to apply for their pass and have their photo taken!
Nederland will once again be receiving town-wide Eco-Passes in 2013! All residents who received a Nederland pass for 2012 will receive a new pass for 2013, provided they still live within the Nederland Library District.
2013 Eco-Passes have begun arriving at Nederland Town Hall!
To retrieve your 2013 Eco-Pass:
- Please watch your email inbox for a notification that your Eco-Pass is ready to be picked up.
- Pick-up your Eco-Pass at Nederland Town Hall, M-F, 9-5. We cannot mail them to you; you must come in to Town Hall.
- Bring proof of residency to Town Hall when you come to pick up your Eco-Pass. (Our grant requires us to check residency each year.) No new photos will be taken.
- DO NOT USE YOUR 2013 ECO-PASS PRIOR TO 01/01/2013. If you do, it will activate prematurely and then expire on 12/31/2012!
2013 Eco-Passes cards are not yet available for discounted riders (seniors, students, and persons with disabilities) and approximately 5% of our standard riders. Because of this, RTD has notified us that all 2012 Eco-Passes will be valid through January 31, 2013.
The Basics of the Ned Eco Pass program:
RTD and Boulder County have approved funding and a plan for a free-of-charge community-wide Eco Pass for Nederland. This pass will provide unlimited usage of all RTD services (although a $5.00 surcharge will be applied to buses heading to DIA; return trips are free).
To qualify for this pass:
- You must live within the Boulder County portion of the Nederland Library District. (Sorry, Gilpin County residents will not qualify because this is a Boulder County-funded initiative).
- You must present proof of residency and identification at Town Hall to have your picture taken and sign up for your initial pass. Proof of residency includes utility bills with physical address noted, and signed leases. Children without other means of registering should appear with their parents, who can vouch for them and present verification of family residency in the Boulder County portion of the library district. Officials will have a list of all households in the relevant portion of the library district at Town Hall and any sign-up events throughout the year.
***Renewal passes do not require a new photo.
DON’T FORGET! Eco-pass holders can receive discounts at dozens of Boulder County businesses. Visit EcopassExtra.net for a list of participating businesses!
For more information on the Eco Pass program, call Town Hall at (303) 258-3266.